- U.S. citizenship
- Minimum age of 21
- Completed Warrior Leaders Course
- Maximum grade of SGT. SSG (with one year or less time in grade) may apply with waiver (*See below)
- Minimum of two years of military service and maximum of 10 years of military service
- Minimum of 60 college semester hours from an accredited institution
- Minimum ST score of 107 or higher and GT score of 110 or higher
- Consistently meet the height and weight standards prescribed in AR 600-9 and consistently pass the Army Physical Fitness Test
- Ability to deploy worldwide and have no physical limitations
- Normal color vision
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and favorable driving record
- Ability to speak and write clearly
- Minimum of one year of military police experience or two years civilian police experience (May be waived for Active duty only)
*NOTE: SSGs (with one year or less time in grade) may only apply with waiver for law enforcement experience in combination with grade waiver.
- Suitable character, integrity, reputation, sobriety, discretion, and stability as established by a Single Scope Background Investigation and other information developed during application processing
- No pattern of behavior or actions that is reasonably indicative of a contemptuous attitude toward the law or other duly constituted authority
- No courts martial convictions or record of any disciplinary action under UCMJ, which indicates behavior inconsistent with the high standards of a CID Special Agent
- No record of pre-trial intervention or conviction by military or civil court of the following:
*Any offense involving force or violence
*Any major misconduct offense per AR 601-210, para 4-11 or charges considered felonies under the local law, regardless of disposition
*Two or more misconduct offenses per AR 601-210, para 4-10, regardless of disposition
- No record of having less than an honorable discharge or Lost Time
- No record of mental or emotional disorders
- No record of unsatisfactory credit
- 36 months of service obligation upon completion of the CID Special Agent Course
NOTE: Must have completed at least 12 months (CONUS) or two-thirds the tour length (OCONUS) at current duty station prior to application submission.
For additional information, Active duty Soldiers may contact the CID Recruiting Operations Cell at USArmy.Join-CID@mail.mil or call 571-305-4348.
Reserve Soldiers must inquire through a CID Reserve unit.